#navbar-iframe { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none }
Cadw'r Ddysgl yn Wastad
Monday, August 25, 2008
Timmy's my ass
After several drive throughs at various Tim Hortons around town I said to myself, "Self, no more buying their stupid cookie. You can do much better". Not only is a cookie 95 cents but its just a stupid cookie, not a culinary masterpiece.

I tried a few recipes that I had in my cook books and finally decided to wing it. I have discovered that it is not the ingredients that make a cookie chewy, its how its cooked. Instead of the usual 375 degree oven, I used 370 and cooked them for 12 minutes THEN (and this is the part that makes them chewy), turn off the oven but leave those little buggers inside for 3 more minutes. And VOILA... yummy, chewy oatmeal raisin cookies.

Heres the recipe;

3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1-3/4 cups flour
1 tspn baking soda
1 tspn cinnamon
1/2 tspn salt
2-2/3 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins