#navbar-iframe { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none }
Cadw'r Ddysgl yn Wastad
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Bancroft

IMG_1559
Originally uploaded by arlunydd.
One of our many, many, many trips to the Bancroft area. This was last fall and we must have taken 300 pics of all the incredible foliage changing colour. Just down the path from here, The Mole left Shaka and I in the car and headed out on foot some 500 meters to find a long ago, abandonned mine entrance. It was hunting season and the sounds of guns going off was rather disturbing. It is also a well know fact that we have an explosive bear population at the moment here in Ontario, so I was a wee bit nervous.

After waiting an hour, I felt I should check on my beloved, so I fired up the Rav4 and tried to inch my way down a treacherous path to find him. BAD IDEA! Fortunately, he was running up to meet me and screamed, "STOP", as just up ahead was a deep, muddy swampy area where the Rav would have remained stuck (and it was a very long walk back to civilization).

Yet another NEAR MISS!