#navbar-iframe { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none }
Cadw'r Ddysgl yn Wastad
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Smells are all in your head!
As much as I love this wonderful change in the weather, there is one thing that plagues me. My beautiful, lovable, devoted Snuffy, (weighing in at 127lbs), must have a bath. Dogs sweat you know, and although he is a lovely boy, he does smell.

The problem is that I work most days when the sun is shining brightly, I return home to do an hour in the garden and then its dusk, and there is no "drying time" left in the day (and Snuffy needs at least 5 hours).

Another problem is that we have only one bathroom, it is upstairs (which are hardwood) and Snuffy is not that stable on his legs as he had surgery some time ago.

I bought a Little Tykes pool to bathe the boy in, but it won't happen until Friday and they are calling for rain...wouldn't you know it?

In the meantime, I will love him anyway, smells and all..My 127lb "fur ball".
For those of you who bond the way I do, to your dog, there is little I wouldn't do for the silly mutt (with papers and a good pedigree). However, I must insist that everyone who plans a visit to our humble abode, be fully briefed on the Snuffy Scent. I am almost immune to it after years of pretending it isn't an issue...but GOD, I can't wait for his bath time! Let there be sun on Friday...Puleeez!