#navbar-iframe { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none }
Cadw'r Ddysgl yn Wastad
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Hip Concert

IMG_5275
Originally uploaded by arlunydd.
So the Tragically Hip was, as per usual, fantastic! The concert was held in an enormous field just outside Stratford and was only just beginning to fill up when we arrived at 4:30pm. Thought we'd get there early as no-one seemed to know who the warm-up bands were. As it turned out, the first two were unimpressive and instantly forgettable, which is why I'm not giving you their names.

Hocksley Workman was up just prior to The Hip and I loved them. Weird, funky, and hugely entertaining. We stood not far from the stage, (far enough back that our eardrums weren't sent into shock) and tried mightily to maintain our spot as The Hip arrived.

Half way through The Hip we had to escape as the crush was incredible. Drunken madmen, stoned screamers and perverts squished us into a tiny area so tight that I thought I'd have an anxiety attack.

The photo os of Princess MustHaveA(left) , my friend Heather (right) and the Princesses friend Brandy (front). I'm behind the camera so as to maintain my mysterious personna.