#navbar-iframe { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none }
Cadw'r Ddysgl yn Wastad
Friday, June 23, 2006
Its all good!
Being a loner has some draw backs. After a time people stop seeking you out because they expect that you would rather NOT go to the trouble of being social. Its true, I enjoy time alone, ALOT!!! In fact, if too much of my time is imposed upon, I turn into a UBER BITCH!.

I think I inherited the "loner gene" from my Dad. He loved to do things by himself. Oh, you could tag along as long as you were quiet and made an attempt to appreciate whatever it was that he was doing at the time..and I did! I loved making miniature trains and railroad stuff (N-Gauge), I loved doing the crossword puzzle from the news paper, I loved sketching designs, cartoons and graphics with him. But we were mostly silent whilst doing so. There just didn't seem a need to clutter up the environment with idle chitchat. I learned to value quiet reflection and my own company and I still do. My kids tease me all the time because I am not like the Mums of all their friends who are "joiners" and are involved in all kinds of girlie stuff. I don't have a membership at the gym or belong to Weight Watchers and I WILL NOT GO TO BABY SHOWERS, BRIDAL SHOWERS or TUPPERWARE PARTIES!!!! This is so well know now that I have developed a bit of a reputation.

But I still enjoy the people I like and will go out of my way to seek them out and spend time with them. My family are the first people on my list as they really know me and forgive all my foibles and still (who knows why) want me around. I especially enjoy my brother and his partner, my sister-in-law and her son and my little sister, all of whom share my sense of humour and my ideas of what is good and right and comfortable.

THATS IT!! I like my comfort zone! I have also come to love the things I share with my blogging friends and look forward to reading what they have to say on their own blogs and what they say on mine. Keep it coming folks. I may be unsociable, but I'M YOURS!